- Globally promote the spread of environmentally friendly product and service development and Green Purchasing activities
- Internationally share information and know-how on Green Purchasing and environmentally friendly products and services
- Harmonise the efforts of Green Purchasing and the development of environmentally friendly products and services from a global viewpoint
Outline of Activities
- 1. Collect and deliver information on global Green Purchasing activities, the best examples and recent trends
Collect information on activities related to Green Purchasing, including best-practices, know-how, purchasing guidelines, products information, research outcomes and the latest trends from around the world. Arrange it in an at-a-glance format and deliver globally via internet web pages or other media.
- 2. Hold workshops in each region
- Hold workshops and seminars targeting the stakeholders in regions where it is essential to endorse Green Purchasing, and aim to be the driving force in the dissemination of Green Purchasing.
- 3. Hold regular international conferences on a global scale
- Hold regular international conferences for IGPN members and stakeholders to share and discuss issues and practices of Green Purchasing.
- 4. Cooperate to develop tools that can be utlised internationally
(mid- to long-term activity objective)
- Develop internationally harmonised Green Purchasing guidelines and tools for product evaluation, construct a product database, and develop effectiveness measurement methods and training materials to be internationally utilised.
- 5. Other activities
- Conduct market research and other necessary activities for the dissemination of Green Purchasing around the globe.
Enact the IGPN Charter, and approve modifications, matters concerning organisation management, project proposals and reports and budget as well as membership admissions.
Give necessary technical advice and guidance on IGPN activities based on previous experience, etc, upon request of the Council or Secretariat.
Advisory Board members
Draft project proposals and take responsibility of conducting projects
and finance matters.
|Cosmos Aoyama, 5-53-67 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, 150-0001, Japan
Participate in IGPN activities and contribute to the dissemination of Green Purchasing. Membership admissions is subject to the approval of the Council and the Secretariat.